Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Thursday, March 23, 2023


March 23, 2023 

I trace foot prints lost in dwindling light

I listen to the rhythm of walking boots on

Dirt paths I will not take

My heart slinks in deep lush, wet moss

 

I sink deeper into myself, a missing link

Forever abandoned, a reach I cannot make

Turning away and not talking, looking

Over the eyes of another 

 

I possess the innocence of deaths ritual power

As a stillness succumbs to inspiration and seeks

Answers for its misfortune filled with dream

Spectacles of swaying giants, their trunks thick

 

As my heart is empty, bursting in the natural abyss

Of closing time while a feeling approaches with giddy

Laughter loud as a belch and cough across the table

Attracting attention from my original sin

 

Hidden until now I must confess in a warm

Sympathetic way your lost smile is taking false hope

In a vanishing wilderness of stale beliefs that

Haven’t led to your demanding bliss but words without

your imaginations, fruitless attempts at salvation

 

No comments:

Post a Comment