Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, April 14, 2013


Reflections on Photography

Photography has a interesting way to describe what it does.  When I say to someone, that I am going out shooting this weekend, they look at me as if I have gone off my rocker.  Or they say, what gun range are you going to.

Or someone would ask me if I got the shot?

In the old days we would get together and discuss our negatives.  Some people would respond, "Jim I don't think you have many negatives" ??  While looking at me funny.

We would talk about scratching on the film not an itch.

We used to go into a photo lab to blow up the image.  Nowadays if you talked about blowing something up you get arrested.

We talk about capturing an image.  As if we are stalking  prey.

There are more quirky expressions but they escape me at this time like some images I missed.




No comments:

Post a Comment