Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, April 21, 2013


I had someone e-mail the other day asking for more information on a lighthouse image I photographed along the southern Washington State coast.

This wasn't your ordinary e-mail.  The photographer was having problems finding exactly where I took the image.  So he sent me a google map of the area showing in fine detail an overhead view of the lighthouse and surrounding areas.  I was able to e-mail him back, giving him real time info on how far north he needed to go to connect to a back road to get to the trail head and the bluff where I took the photos.

We used to enjoy the ride, finding images and letting serendipity change our shooting schedule and just enjoying the journey of taking images.  Now, you can zero in on any location, anytime and know the exact place you need to stand and shoot from with apps that will tell you where the moon is rising and the sun setting.  If you are on a tight schedule as I believe this photographer was, then the new location finding apps could be well worth it.  But, sometimes you must get off the beaten path to find your own personal imagery.


No comments:

Post a Comment