Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 9, 2012


Infinite Choices

When I start thinking about my next concept shoot I write down alot of ideas, and script as much of the shoot before I even bring out the cameras.  Some of my ideas cost to much and that is a problem I have stated before, that a photographer's imagination is sometimes too expensive for his/her own good.  I usually start gearing up for the shoot a week in advance and have the props I want in place and kind of have a general pre-planned idea of what I will shoot.  But rarely do I end up following it exactly.  It morphs and changes as I explore the subject and begin to see better angles, light, composition, details etc... that say more than just what is there but what isn't. Yes, these new images are related to the original script but seem more appropriate now that I am fully engaged with the subject and open to serendipity and begin to let loose the reins of my ego that wants to control my actions in a safe, foreseeable image outcome.

I had an idea years ago of shooting an out of control office at tax time. The business wasn't organized and had become overwhelmed by documenting their business expenses.





But as I began shooting the original concept I started thinking and adjusting my original idea and slowly started experimenting with the details of an office.




 This lead to images of a business or person overspending using a credit card.





Which lead to a cutting back of their use of credit cards                                                 


To a business where their client information has been stolen 




I could go on but I think you get the idea.  Be open to all the twists and turns that happen when your choosing from those infinite choices.











No comments:

Post a Comment