Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Friday, October 21, 2011

City Skylines

October 21, 2011


I have always enjoyed photographing skylines, whether it was Seattle or any other West Coast City Scape.
The trick to shooting this subject is finding that perfect place where the iconic local attraction meets with your creativity and camera knowledge.  If you haven't been to a particular city before then you will have to do some scouting.  Yes, you will find the usual tourists traps and you will want to shoot these subjects too but you will want to put your own personal artistic perspective on it as well.  What I look for when shooting skylines is first and foremost light and then, will my composition give a true sense of the place where even the locals will say, WOW.  Every once and awhile I achieve that mark. I use a tripod on all my skylines and stay away from special effect filters.  Straight shooting does the trick for me. I shoot sunrise and sunset light most of the time.  There are times when the air is clear and the sky this unbelievable blue that I can't resist taking daytime images of cities and their attractions.    










No comments:

Post a Comment