Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, March 7, 2021

March 7, 2021

As one gets older we begin to think of our families and how they will remember us.

What will be your legacy of images created over 45 years of being a photographer?

Are your children interested in your images? Will you make a book of what you think is your best work?

Will a family member help you with words of praise?

When you have tens of thousands of images where do you begin the editing process to pick out what you believe are your best photography?

I will edit my images that I feel tell a story of my life, my travels through nature and city life. I will not just pick photos that have color but ones that have depth and express what I felt while I was creating those photographs.

I want my daughters to feel what I felt making my images. The connection with the landscape, the deeper connection with the people that allowed me to create their image because of my respect for them.

I want my family to feel in my images how photography was more than just a click of the shutter but a way of life for me.

Photography made me a better person and it taught me to respect nature and the beautiful people present before me.

With a camera in hand one has the ability to get into places one would never be able to enter.

Images express your personality but also your deep connection with people willing to allow you to make a picture of them.

If I am going to go to the trouble of editing my images I want to give my daughters a sense of the times their parents lived in. The Vietnam war was raging, the Iraq wars were destroying lives, protests were growing in numbers ramping up all over this country. 

People living in fear and when I got my draft notice in 1972 I fell to my knees. I was lucky, two weeks later I received another letter from President Nixon telling me not to report for my physical because he was withdrawing troops from Vietnam!

This drama focused my attention on college and began my passion to make images.

Some of my images will be abstract expressionism but I want my family to see all my image creations I attempted.

I am not done yet and once this pandemic gets under control I hope to express my inner world through photographs of the external world once again.


 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment