Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 7, 2013


I am in the process of editing, cropping and spotting images.  It is a never ending battle to get new work out into the world and yet live a family life.  This close up image of a maple leaf reminds me of why I love macro photography.  Macro photography is analogous to an inner dialogue physically manifested.  When I saw the Japanese Maple tree I new their was an image present.  I took some images further back but something wasn't clicking.  I moved closer to the subject and began to see details lining up.  As I moved tighter and closer to my photo goal this image presented itself.  My inner dialogue didn't allow me to just shoot an over all scene and move on.  I was mentally present and listened to my inner voice and created this image.

This was a very difficult image to take.  When you are shooting close to your subject any wind or breeze plays havoc with your focus.  In this image I needed both the dew drop and leaf to be sharp.  I had to twist and turn my body to get in a position so that the upper leaf and the dew drop was on a parallel plane for focusing.  And I had to make sure that the background enhanced the main subject.  Many, many frames later I hit the jack pot so to speak.  I think my sore back was worth it.







No comments:

Post a Comment