Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Decisions Decisions


Fishermen at Lake Cassidy, Washington State
I thought about many ways to get my images seen buy the buying public because this seems to be where the industry is right now.
You are not selling just to paper product companies, newspapers, magazines, websites, etc... but to the individual consumer. The problem with selling to the consumer is that they are fickle and want things cheap. I have looked at SmugMug, Zenfolio, RedBubble and others and haven't made up my mind on which ones I will go with, if any. No matter where you put your images nowadays there is an over saturation of image content on these sites. I am not afraid of the competition as much as I am afraid of the cost vs income. I am with PhotoShelter and I have made print sales and client sales and consumer sales, I just don't know if I will get a new client base with another web hosting site or if the same clients roam from site to site looking for that perfect picture they have already seen on a half dozen sites. I have been away from posting for awhile but I will try and post new stuff more frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment