Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, August 5, 2012

August 19, 2012


Do negative images sell?  I discussed this a few weeks ago and wanted to post some images that I have been working on that relate to this topic.  I have been shooting a series of images that focus on the the overabundance of pills in our lives. I know that when my folks got to a certain age they had an increase in the amount of medicines they took.  Some were necessary, some were not given their age and side effects.  The conceptual images I took for this series really focused on the addictive quality of the medicines that people use nowadays.  Whether it is for pain, anxiety, sleeping, sex, high blood pressure, etc...We are addicted to meds and the ads claim that by taking these pills your life will be better.  But when they list the the side effects of the medications you have to wonder what the heck is going on.

Will these images sell.  I think they will.  We are beginning to see more articles discussing the over medication of our children and our senior citizens. When creating images you have to go with your gut instincts and shoot what you feel.  Sometimes in photography subjects hit you over the head that you just can't ignore.












No comments:

Post a Comment