Dandelions Close-up

Dandelions Close-up
Dandelions In Black And White

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snow Geese

February 27, 2011


In the post earlier I mentioned I was in Skagit County photographing the Snow Geese that stop over and feed in the fields before they make their final track to Canada.  It was snowing, sleeting, raining and windy as photographers lined the road and tried to shoot these magnificent birds.  I was using a 105mm lens to begin with but wanted to get alittle tighter image so I brought out my tripod and was going to shoot with my 180 mm lens.  But as I was getting ready to change lenses the birds stirred from a barking dog and began to fly.  I turned and shot with my 105 as they flew off deeper back into the fields.  Having felt good that I got something I jumped in the car and took off trying to locate where they went.  As I was traveling through some of the back roads very slowly I had an inkling something was just not right.  It then hit me like a shot in the dark, I had left my tripod set up on the side of the road back at the first field.  Maybe that was the horn that was sounding as I pulled away?  When I got back there all the cars were gone it was deserted except for a black triangular thing still standing on the shoulder of the road where I had left it. It made me feel good that people just left it there hoping this idiot photographer would eventually realize his mistake.  Thanks!!!













No comments:

Post a Comment